How it works
You must have/be:
- Secured a work placement with a multilateral organisation (choose an organisation from this list)
- Younger than 35 years at the starting date of their work placement
- Final diploma, obtained at an institution of secondary or higher education, financed or subsidised by the Flemish Community
The work placement lasts for at least 2 and at most 6 months and takes place with an approved multilateral organisation.
If you are awarded an internship grant:
Approximately one week after the application, you will receive an email from the FTP Team notifying you whether or not you have received a grant.
If you receive one, the funds will be credited to your personal bank account. Between 4 and 8 weeks after the application and after the internship promoted has e-mail the attestation, you will receive the first instalment of 85% of the total amount of the grant. The second instalment of 15% is paid out 2-4 weeks after receipt of your internship report and the evaluation report by the internship supervisor. Flanders Trainee Programme only provides grants for accommodation and travel costs.
- The applicant himself/herself is responsible for finding and securing a work placement.
- The subsidy application must be submitted six months before the start of the work placement at the earliest. If the application is submitted after the start of the work placement, financing may be provided for the remaining period of the work placement, provided this period lasts at least another 2 full months. Please take into account that the effective payment of the subsidy takes one month and a half on average.
- The subsidy application must be made through the application form.
- The subsidy cannot be combined with any financial support from the organisation itself; the work placement must be unpaid.
Vacant work placements are regularly posted on our Facebook page.