What to do with a complaint

STEP 1:  Present your problem or situation to the relevant service or your file manager within the department. 

If you do not have contact information, you can use the general email or phone number + 32-2-553 60 32. We will try to find a good solution for everyone.

The Strategic Goods Control Unit can be contacted directly:


STEP 2: If you are not satisfied with the presented solution, you can contact the complaints manager of the Department of Foreign Affairs. The manager initiates an independent investigation and examines how your complaint can be resolved. 

You need to submit your complaint by letter, mail or telephone. Please describe your complaint as accurately as possible and state your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Anonymous complaints can not be treated. Please add a copy of all documents (letters, photos, email traffic, etc.) that can support your complaint. 

Contact information of the complaint manager:

Complaint service of Flanders Department of Foreign Affairs
Havenlaan 88 bus 80, 1000 Brussels
T: +32 2 553 60 32 | E:

If the complaint is considered valid ( more info , only in Dutch) , you will receive notice within 10 days. If your complaint appears to be unfounded, the complaint manager will motivate this in writing. 

The complaint manager has 45 calendar days to investigate and answer your complaint.


STEP 3: If your problem remains unresolved, please contact "De Vlaamse Ombudsdienst".